Friday, July 4, 2008

My 4th

Just felt like jabbering a little about my evening. Has been a quiet evening with just Wrigley. Troy has girls overnight...they went to the parade and are going to fireworks.
I was sad at first as I left Emersyn crying cuz she didn't want me to leave...that was so hard.
I think this is the first 4th of July I have ever been at home not watching fireworks.
I didn't even know that Macy's has a show on TV with fireworks.

I decided to give Wrigley some rice cereal for the first time tonight. I had been trying to hold off til he is 6 mos because I really want to continue nursing him and I have been worried about decreasing my milk supply. Also seems like most Dr's say wait til 6 mos now. But, he has still been getting up at LEAST 2 times a night and it is draining me. I know I should let him cry, but that is so hard to. So I decided to try to cereal tonight too when the girls aren't here smothering him and super excited to see him eat some food....they have been asking when he can eat.
So, anyhow I was AMAZED at how well he did...I think the boy is going to LOVE to eat. I remember the girls first times eating and they didn't actually eat hardly any of it cuz they don't have that "tongue action" down. Maybe it is also cuz he is month older, but he ate pretty much every bit I gave him which was probably close to 2 whole tablespoons. Then I could not believe how happy and ecstatic he seemed after. Well then I shortly also discovered he had a MAJOR blowout while sitting in his carseat. HUGE MESS. Gotta love that breast milk poo...Puddle in the corner of his seat...so needless to say that is in the wash right now.

So, I am hoping he sleep more tonight.
Well, gotta get to bed. I should have been cleaning tonight...but am procrastinating...Am working in the morning.

3 comments:

  1. Great to see you today, Keri. Looks like you got the phone ok.

    You sound pretty bummed tonight and I just want you to know that I love ya! You are in my prayers, dear friend. Take care of yourself. I hope you get a well deserved and good night's sleep! and that your cold is better soon!

    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...super blogger! Great job! Keri, I hope you never feel alone....there are so many people that love you and are a phone call away. You are in my thoughts and prayers! And, if it makes you feel any better...we watched a movie last night....not super fun 4th activities. We watched Juno...it was really good! Call me anytime! Thinking of you! nic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new purple background. It's kinda fun to try new colors, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete