Monday, August 17, 2009

I have Survived

I am happy to report that I have survived a week of the kids being on vacation. Only one more night and less than 24 hours til I see them.
I really dreaded this week, but it has gone quite well.
I worked every day but 2 and went out to dinner a couple times after work, went to a movie by myself for the first time ever(Julie and Julia), went to the gym, met a friend yesterday in Northfield......which by the way I didn't know it existed and it has the cutest downtown with shops near the lake.

So I am proud of myself and hope this is an indication things will be getting better/ easier. The only meltdown I had was Saturday when I called the kids and Audrey gave the phone to Wrigley and he was babbling to me. Just made me really want to see him and hug and love all of the kids.

Thank God tommorrow I am off so I am sure we will have a fun filled day!!!!!!!!

This is just a quote in my daily Divorce Care emails: God is the Great Physician....He will restore you if you accept his care...

I THANK GOD FOR THIS MOST GLORIOUS DAY.......

2 comments:

  1. You have survived....you are strong....and you are worthy! Enjoy those kids. You may get backlash from them in the beginning. The first day home from a trip is always challenging around here. So even if there is sassy talk and fighting.....they are home! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed talking with you this weekend. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to call or stop by. I have a bag of clothes for Wrigley. I will have to drop them off one of these days.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete