Sunday, November 16, 2008

Proud moments

While I am on such a role blogging tonight I thought I would share my proud moments from this week. First off, we had Audrey's parent/teacher conference and everything Mr. Severson had to say was great. She is doing above average in pretty much everything. Troy and I both always worry about her socially as well....her first two teachers always said how quiet and shy she is...but he even said that he doesn't notice that and that in class she always has kids to play with. Sometimes she talks like she doesn't have many friends and that kids are mean to her at times...but maybe it is just me being paranoid. I really like her teacher. This is only his 3rd year teaching and his first time teaching 2nd grade..but I like his enthusiasm. He just got married the weekend after Halloween and the class hated their sub and were so glad to have him back.

Then recently I had my 10 year anniversary at Mayo and one of my gifts was a gift certificate to a restaurant. So, I decided to treat the girls today and we went to TimberLodge Steakhouse for lunch. We really enjoyed it and got "extra's" because of the gift cert. We enjoyed an appetizer Audrey picked out and we shared a dessert that the girls really wanted. We left more than stuffed and I brought most of my meal home with me. Anyhow...there was a lady across from us and she was commenting on Wrigley who had taken his socks off and was chewing on them and then she said you have a really nice family and they are so well behaved. That just always makes me feel better. Especially the last few months there are many times I get down on myself due to the added stress and having to do it alone when I have them.
So, that made my day. And I must say they all 3 did very well considering we were there for an hour and 1/2. The service was pretty slow.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Keri - you are a GREAT mom, and don't you ever forget it!!!

    Love ya,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been away from the computer and have not had the chance to check in. You are a blogging queen! My feelings after reading all your new blogs:
    1. Wow, Wrigley is getting so big!
    2. I can't believe how well you are able to hold it all together. Most women in your situation would not be able to enjoy their children and deal with life.
    3. What an awesome women...I hope she knows it!
    Miss you! nic

    ReplyDelete